Pages

Friday 10 January 2020

hiking One Tree Hill

On Wednesday me my mum and my brother went hiking on One Tree Hill (Maungakiekie) we went there for my year 6 camp that's coming up when school starts so i waited and i played some Minecraft. And then we left, Meanwhile, we got to One Tree Hill there were not much parking we started walking we walked past the starting of the hiking but we didn't do it because there was a turned on electric wire going around the whole mountain. So we walked up the road way it was boring but my brother was on his own electric scooter then half way up i had a break when we were about to get to the top i noticed someone going on the hiking way so i said "when we come back we should go that way". Then we got up One Tree Hill to the big pointy bit and i think i found why people call it ST. Johns it's because someone died called John on that Mountain i took some photos on the mountain then i got bored. So we came back down the hiking way when we just came down we saw a dead tree that was burnt in the inside it was burnt 1992 i took a photo then a cow was smelling me, we got down to the electric fence. I just rolled under it then me my mum and my brother went back home

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chaun,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I really enjoyed reading your post about your hike up One Tree Hill! That is so awesome. What other activities have you got up to over the holidays? Have you been enjoying the sunshine?

    The team here at the Summer Learning Journey would love if you got involved with the activities over the summer. They are so much FUN! Each week there is a different theme to the activities such as Sports, Activism, Technology, and Entertainment (and so much more) - you should really check it out. There are also some incredible prizes to be won. The link below shows all the different weeks of activities, and we'd love to see what creative and fun posts you would come up with!

    Link to activities:
    https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/y3-5-weekly-activities-2019

    Blog ya later!

    Nga mihi
    Erica

    ReplyDelete